Saturday, August 30, 2014

 Created by : yosub joo
Avengers Helicarrier:
LDD 4.3 + LDD to POVray converter1.2.11 + POV ray 3.7  
 272 x 144 studs (217 x 115 cm) (85.4 x 45.3 inches)
 22,694 bricks 
As soon as I first saw the “helicarrier” in Avengers, I was fascinated by its design and magnificence. Designing the helicarrier with Lego was quite challenging and it took me a while to complete the job. 
Based upon two dimensional pictures, I tried to measure the proportions of the helicarrier as accurate as I could. And then, I converted them with Stud to design the ship with Lego. By reviewing the still images and other pictures, I did my best to design the ship as similar as the one in the movie. As it was almost impossible to express the underside of the helicarrier with Lego, I modified it a little bit.
The total span of the ship was about 217 x 115 cm (= 85.4 x 45.3 inches) and a total of 22,694 bricks were used. The basic frame was made with Technic brick and Connector Peg. I used SNOT (Stud Not On Top) method to form the exterior of the ship with SNOT-outs and SNOT-ins. As it was done on LDD and SNOT method was used a little too much, a few modifications might be need for a real model. In addition, durability has to be strengthened. Lastly, as I did this job on LDD extended mode, I used many bricks with colors that were not available today.

I think this is a good idea...but it is too big, I mean if it is made a set it will be the biggest ever!
and the Lego's Avengers set line is not that big, they are doing some other lines that are newer and bigger. but beside that this is a cool set and the detail is good...so it will make a ok set ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment